Ertaczo - General Information:Ertaczo nitrate is an antifungal medication of the imidazole class. It is available as a cream to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot. [Wikipedia]
Other Brand Names containing Sertaconazole
Ertaczo - Pharmacology:
Ertaczo interacts with 14-α demethylase, a cytochrome P-450 enzyme necessary to convert lanosterol to ergosterol. As ergosterol is an essential component of the fungal cell membrane, inhibition of its synthesis results in increased cellular permeability causing leakage of cellular contents. Ertaczo may also inhibit endogenous respiration, interact with membrane phospholipids, inhibit the transformation of yeasts to mycelial forms, inhibit purine uptake, and impair triglyceride and/or phospholipid biosynthesis.
Ertaczo for patients
The patient should be instructed to:
- Use Sertaconazole Cream, 2%, as directed by the physician. The hands should be washed after applying the medication to the affected area(s). Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth and other mucous membranes. Sertaconazole Cream, 2%, is for external use only.
- Dry the affected area(s) thoroughly before application, if you wish to use Sertaconazole Cream, 2%, after bathing.
- Use the medication for the full treatment time recommended by the physician, even though symptoms may have improved. Notify the physician if there is no improvement after the end of the prescribed treatment period, or sooner, if the condition worsens.
- Inform the physician if the area of application shows signs of increased irritation, redness, itching, burning, blistering, swelling or oozing.
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings unless otherwise directed by the physician.
- Do not use this medication for any disorder other than that for which it was prescribed.
Drug/Laboratory Test Interactions: Potential interactions between ERTACZOTM Cream, 2%, and other drugs or laboratory tests have not been systematically evaluated.
ERTACZOTM Cream, 2%, is contraindicated in patients who have a known or suspected sensitivity to sertaconazole nitrate or any of its components or to other imidazoles.
Indication, Mechanism Of Action, Drug Interactions, Food Interactions, etc..