Eurax - General Information:Eurax is a scabicidal and antipruritic agent available as a cream or lotion for topical use only. It is a colorless to slightly yellowish oil, having a faint amine-like odor. It is miscible with alcohol and with methanol.
Other Brand Names containing Crotamiton
Eurax - Pharmacology:
Eurax relieves itching by producing what is called a counter-irritation. As crotamiton evaporates from the skin, it produces a cooling effect. This cooling effect helps to divert your body's attention away from the itching.
Eurax for patients
DIRECTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCABIES
- Take a routine bath or shower. Thoroughly massage Eurax cream or lotion into the skin from the chin to the toes including folds and creases.
- Put Eurax cream or lotion under fingernails after trimming the fingernails short, because scabies are very likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be used to apply the Eurax cream or lotion under the fingernails. Immediately after use, the toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away. Use of the same brush in the mouth could lead to poisoning.
- A second application is advisable 24 hours later.
- This 60 gram tube or bottle is sufficient for two applications.
- Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day. Contaminated clothing and bed linen may be dry-cleaned, or washed in the hot cycle of the washing machine.
- A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
Eurax should not be applied topically to patients who develop a sensitivity or are allergic to it or who manifest a primary irritation response to topical medications.
Indication, Mechanism Of Action, Drug Interactions, Food Interactions, etc..